Affirmation The Positive Thinking

Friday, October 26, 2007

Is There a Flaw in The Power of Positive Thinking

Life Strategies For Helping You Help Yourself

>>  Click Here To Discover How You Can Create The Life You Want <<

There has been a lot of buzz about the power of positive thinking.

I think there is a misconception about positive thinking. Most people think that you have to force yourself to think positive.

I don’t know about you, but when I’m in a low mood or haven’t had enough sleep, I can be a little cranky and no positive thought can change that.

The truth is that our true nature is that of contentment and happiness and when the negative thoughts pass we return to that state.

The problem is not that we don’t think in the positive, it’s that we get caught up in our own negative thoughts.

“That's my gift. I let that negativity roll off me like water off a duck's back. If it's not positive, I didn't hear it. If you can overcome that, fights are easy.” -- George Foreman

I think like George Foreman we have to let the negative thoughts roll off of us, learn to relax and try not to think about anything, positive or negative. Just relax, take a nap or just daydream and eventually a good feeling will come back.

“When I examine myself and my methods of thought, I come to the conclusion that the gift of fantasy has meant more to me than any talent for abstract, positive thinking.” -- Albert Einstein

By the way, if you’re not in a good mood and are cranky and irritable, let those around you know. This has helped me more in my relationships than anything else.

You will see the people around you open up and relate to you instead of thinking you are attacking them. Also you start to notice when others are in a low mood and defenses drop.

Our ability to think is an amazing thing. But if I tell you to not think of a purple elephant, you will think of a purple elephant.

“I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot . . . when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.” -- Michael Jordan

If you try to think positive it will seem like a chore, but if you can realize that the negative is just a thought and will eventually pass then the positive will come naturally.

Realization of your true nature is more powerful than trying to think your way out of negative thoughts. To know that thoughts are just thoughts and thoughts and the feelings that come with them will change from moment to moment, you begin to not put much emphasis on if they are positive or not. You just flow with your positive feelings and you learn to navigate through the negative ones.

It’s impossible to never have negative thoughts, but with a little understanding you can see them for what they really are… Just thoughts.

Lonnie Young is a certified meditation teacher who now teaches the art of successful living. To learn more about Lonnie’s work visit http://www.secretstosuccessfulliving.com

Related Articles:-
  • Practical Positive Thinking
  • Advantages of Positive Thinking
  • Positive Thinking
  • Positive Thinking
  • Positive Thinking Equals Positive Events?
  • Labels: ,