Affirmation The Positive Thinking

Monday, November 5, 2007

On Positive Thinking and Success: A Letter to My Son

Life Strategies For Helping You Help Yourself

>>  Click Here To Discover How You Can Create The Life You Want <<

Muhammad, my beloved son,

I was truly delighted beyond words when I called you this afternoon. It has been 10 full moons since I left you and your brother Omar in The Gambia (West Africa) to set sail for the USA in search of knowledge. Many are the nights and days when I think about you and miss you so badly. But today it was like you are right here in front of me. I could see the joy marked on your innocent face as you sang me the following lines:

Twinkle twinkle little star How I wonder what you are Up above the world so high Like a diamond in the sky

My son, words would never be sufficient in describing the joy I got from hearing your melodious voice chant out the very rhyme I sang some two score and 5 years ago. Indeed you are in grade one at an age much younger than I started grade school but I am very proud at your progress.

Son I want to share with you, nay with all children, black white or brown, the promise that is so gingerly held in the rhyme you sang for me. Now listen for I shall tell you something that if you will hold on to tenaciously, success will be yours now and forever. Both in this world and in the hereafter by the grace of the Almighty God who has made you and me and the entire universe.

Muhammad, that star that you wonder about in that rhyme is none but YOU. YOU are that star that is up above the world so high. You are born a star, and you shall continue to rise as a star. Every child is born a star. It is us the elderly generation, who in our intelligent ignorance flood your minds with all sorts of negative thinking and self-destructive habits. We are the ones who tell you everything that you cannot do. We are the ones who destroy your self-esteem and self-confidence before you take your first step into the world.

Yet believe me whatever I or anyone else teaches you that is contrary to being that star can indeed be unlearnt. But now that you are still a child innocent and full of hope, you must grow up always remembering that you are (to put it in your mum’s poetic verses) full of blond means, not without dreams

You are that giant star hanging out there in the sky waiting to be full blown when you come of age. In the Desiderata you are told this great fact. Consider the author to be speaking directly to YOU; yes no one but YOU my son. Says the great mind

you are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. You have a right to be here.

Yes, you heard it right son, what the author says is indeed true for you are no less than the trees and the stars. So just in case you think I am throwing nice words to you because you are my son. Now you’ve heard it from someone who knows you not. You are truly that star twinkling up above the world so high, like a diamond in the sky.

You did tell me during today’s conversation that French soccer hero Zinedine Zidane is your star as you watch this year’s world cup.

Now let me tell you how zidane came to be the world star that he is. He first looked for what makes him happy and found the answer in soccer. The multi-talented star who, I understand is also a karate star, focused on soccer and the rest, as they say, is history. A summary of Zidane’s philosophy could be found in his own words. On the occasion of his debut match for Cannes football club in 1989, zidane’s said this:

I discovered that the passion of my life was football and, I thought I could go far through work, responsibility and perseverance.

And now my dear son, I will give you the words of our national kora musical star Jaliba Kuyateh who sang a great song for children. Hold on to these words and move on in your journey to stardom!

A jouney of a thousand kilometres starts with a step, so take your step children Leading to your paradise Leading to your paradise…

God bless you my beloved son, you and all the children of this world, white black or brown, you are all stars. So be the star that you are born to be."

http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Momodou_Sabally

Related Articles:-
  • Positive Thinking - Success Is Not A Secret
  • The Secret Power Of Positive Thinking
  • Unleash The Power of Positive Thinking
  • Choose Positive Thinking - Believe In Yourself
  • Benefits Of Positive Thinking in Everyday Situatio...
  • Labels: ,